Friday, June 10, 2011

Duke Nukem Forever


Duke Nukem Forever is here. I’ve been playing it for a couple of days now. I haven’t finished it yet – though that’s not to say the game is long, just I’ve been doing other things simultaneously – and I intend to complete the whole game before committing to a review and score.
Safe to say though, even without finishing it I know it’s a bad game. A bad, bad game. And not ‘bad’ in the way the Duke would want it to be.
No, this is very much a product of 12 years of disjointed, confused, unfocused development. There are as many old-fashioned, outdated callbacks to the time when the game was first put into development as there are hastily-introduced ‘new’ FPS elements (recharging health, can carry two weapons etc) and it’s all cobbled together in such a haphazard fashion it’s just… no. It doesn’t work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share